Breast Cancer awareness month is here! With 1 in 8 Canadian women expected to develop Breast Cancer in their lifetime and less than 1% in men, chances are you know someone who has been affected by this disease. Research has afforded enormous gains in the treatment and prevention of the disease and has drastically changed the outcome for many people affected and continues to do so. We are holding a step challenge to support the Breast Cancer Society of Canada in their efforts to research and provide more personalized treatment and ultimately a cure. Exercise has been shown to have a modest effect on the prevention of both primary and recurrent breast cancer. If you are needing a reason to move, want to support a worthwhile cause and improve your health – please join us for a step challenge for the month of October!
Start Date/ Time: October 2nd at 0000
End Date/ Time: October 31st at 0000
1. You can move however you like, as long as it registers steps on your phone!
2. A useful tool to use is the heart app on your phone to track steps.
3. We will also afford 25, 000 steps per 300 pages read of a book or 5 hours of an audio book. The sky is the limit on this one! Read away …
4. Join our team “Step above the Breast!”
5. Donate $ 50 CAN dollars to Breast Cancer Research on Team Page.
6. Finally, when entering your steps, honesty is always the best policy